“Despite midsummer heat we managed to take away great new approaches for our work, not least because of our spontaneous relocation outdoors.
The steps of the creative process were of special interest. It simplifies the exchange of knowledge and expectations, visualizes global goals and various parameters in order to get to a concrete task description.”
Regine Gerent, Head of Marketing audio media service
Design Thinking Training
user centered innovation
Learn a user-centered approach to create new products and services.
Design Thinking Training – Target groups
Potential participants are individuals from various business units or entire teams from your company.
Individuals: Project Managers, Team Leaders, Heads of Department
To make sure that the training’s contents will be transferred to and applied in your organization, and to have an impact on team culture, the participants should have managerial responsibility.
Teams: Ideally the teams should continue to work together in similar form after the training.
Business unit: Design Thinking is relevant for all business units that develop solutions for specific user groups. These user groups can be made up of your employees, if you develop internal solutions and processes, or they can be made up of customers and consumers, if you develop products or services.
Design Thinking Training – Duration
The training takes 2 days, 9 AM – 5 PM.
Design Thinking Training – Benefits
You will learn and practice the user-centered Design Thinking innovation process on the basis of a concrete topic chosen by the participants. You will apply the process together with a variety of creativity techniques and thinking tools to a real (business-)life challenge. After the training you will understand how to structure and lead a user-centered innovation process and how to develop new, realizable solutions to key user-needs in a short time by utilizing various creativity tools. Furthermore you will start building an innovative mindset so that you can be more creative and innovative during day-to-day work and influence your own team in a positive way.
Design Thinking Training – Elements
Empirical scientific studies show that creativity trainings will only lead to a change in the behavior of individuals and the culture of an organization if the following criteria are met:
- The training makes sure that the basic principles of creativity are accepted and applied by the participants.
- The training connects creativity techniques and thinking tools with a model the creative process so that the participants know when to use which tool and develop un understanding of the creative process in general.
That is why the creaffective Creativity Training focuses on the interconnectedness of these elements to make sure that the acquired skills are transferred into daily routine and that every participant is able to apply creativity consciously and systematically.
Design Thinking Training – Content
- Elements of creativity, creativity as a deliberate process
- The connection between creativity and innovation
- Forms of innovation and approaches to innovation
- Basic principles of creativity
- The philosophy of Design Thinking: The user as the starting point
- The Design Thinking Process
- Elements of Design Thinking: Process, mixed teams, flexible workspace
- Introduction to the steps of the Design Thinking Process
- Thinking tools for understanding the challenge
- Tools for observing the user emphatically
- Thinking tools and creativity techniques for specifying the key challenges
- Thinking tools and creativity techniques for the systematic generation of ideas
- Thinking tools and creativity techniques for idea evaluation, idea selection and prototyping of ideas
- Innovation culture: Dimensions of a culture of creativity and innovation
What can companies do to create a culture of innovation?
Design Thinking Training – Methods and means
- Interactive presentation
- Individual exercises
- Group exercises
- Working in a large group and applying the Design Thinking Process to a real topic chosen by the participants
Design Thinking Training – Preparation and follow-up
- The precise needs of the participants and a possible topic to apply the Design Thinking process on will be covered in a first meeting before the actual training.
- The training will be digitally documented afterwards and made accessible to all participants.
- The training includes a detailed Handout with a description of all contents as well as the creativity techniques used during the training.
Please contact us for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org